Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. Owners agree not to seek the services of an Animal Sitting worker directly without explicit permission from Animal Sitting for a 5 year period. Owners agree to compensate Animal Sitting for any losses caused by breach of this clause.
2. When we take a booking, we add the booking to our pet sitting software which sends out an invoice. It is the clients responsibility to check the dates listed on the invoice and to contact us if the dates are incorrect. We will not be held responsible for visiting pets on incorrect dates if they are the dates listed on the invoice. If you do not receive an invoice when you have booked in, then please contact us as you may not have been fully booked in.
2. All keys when not in use will be kept in a secure filing cabinet. Keys will not be marked with any client details but will be identified by your pet’s names. If we have not heard from you for 24 months then we reserve the right to securely dispose of your keys.
3. Any client details will be kept in a secure filing cabinet and any clients who no longer wish to use our service, will have their details destroyed.
4. Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters will not be held liable for any break-ins or vandalism on your property during your use of our services.
5. Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters will not open or close any windows during our pop-in visits so please ensure all windows are locked and secure before you leave.
1. A non refundable 20% deposit secures your home dog boarding / house sitting / home cat boarding booking. The remaining balance is then due in cleared funds 30 days before the start of your booking. We will send you a reminder 2 days before the due date which gives you 48 hours to pay the balance. If the balance is not paid within 48 hours of the due date then a final reminder will be sent out. If payment is then not received within 24 hours of the reminder being sent out then the booking will be cancelled and the slot(s) will be released with no refunding of the deposit.
2. For our pet sitting & dog walking services cleared payment is due 7 days before our first visit and where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business, the company reserves the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements.
1. To cancel or alter the dates of your home dog boarding / house sitting or home cat boarding booking if you give at least 30 days notice then you shall just forfeit your deposit. If you give 14-30 days notice then you shall forfeit 50% of the total fee and if you give less than 14 days notice then you shall forfeit 100% of the total fee. Please note there are no refunds if you collect your dog(s) early.
2. For pet sitting visits if you give at least 7 days notice and no consultation/key collection has taken place then there will be no fee due.
If you give at least 7 days notice and a consultation/key collection has already taken place then there will be a fee due of £10. If you need a key returning back to you then there will be a further charge of £10.
If you give us less than 7 days notice then you shall forfeit 100% of the total fee.
Please note there are no refunds if you arrive home early.
3. For dog walks if you give at least 18 hours notice then no fees will be due. If you give us less than 18 hours notice then you shall owe 100% of the total fee.
1. Animal Sitting and their self employed petsitters are covered by their own public liability insurance. Any claims that may arise will be the responsibility of the individual in charge of your pet at the time.
2. It is agreed that it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents, and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment as we will not accept liability for any damage to the property caused by your pet(s).
3. Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
1. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence. (ie, food, medication, cat litter etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Animal Sitting or their self employed petsitter these will be purchased and added to the bill.
2. The client must provide Animal Sitting or their self employed pet sitters with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal. Any veterinary visits will be charged at a rate of £22 per hour or part of, timed from the pet sitters home address until they then return to their home.
3. Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters will not be held liable for any illnesses or injuries your pets may suffer whilst using our services, nor for the death of a pet.
4. The client is fully responsible for any damage to the property of an Animal Sitting home dog boarder caused by their dog whilst staying with the boarder. The client agrees to pay any damage costs within 72 hours of their return directly to the boarder.
5. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters.
6. We recommend that cats are kept indoors whilst in our care so we can ensure their health and safety. However should you wish for your cat to have free access to a cat flap we cannot be held liable for any disappearance, injuries or death.
7. We shall always try and visit your pets as near as possible to the time slot you request but we reserve the right to visit outside of the allotted time slot in case of any situations or problems that may arise on other visits
8. There is a charge for the drop off or collection of keys equal to a standard priced visit for your area.
9. Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters will not accept bookings for any pets with aggressive tendencies.
10. If a host family experiences difficulties with a pet, we will try to place the pet with another suitable host family if there is a space available.
11. If a host family reasonably considers a pet to be dangerous, aggressive or uncontrollable we reserve the right to place the pet in the nearest suitable boarding kennels/cattery at the owners expense, if the owners can’t arrange early collection of the pet themselves. Visiting a cat in their own home may also be considered if it is viable to do so. There will be no refunds whatsoever for any extra that may have been paid for boarding compared to home visits.
12. We recommend that dogs be kept on their leads whilst being exercised but should you request your dog to be let off then we cannot be held responsible for the loss, injury or death of your dog.
13. Animal Sitting and their self employed pet sitters cannot be held responsible for any third party injuries caused by your dog.
14. All boarders are responsible themselves for ensuring that they are compliant with the local dog boarding regulations. Animal Sitting are not responsible for the boarders applying for a license.
15. Should we deem an environment not to be safe for your dog to be let off their lead then they will remain on their lead.
16. When using our services you agree to be on our emailing list so that we can send you updates and offers about our services.
17. You agree for us to take pictures of your pets when we are caring for them and for those pictures to be used on our website or for any marketing purposes.